السبت، 20 مايو 2023

The Gift at my Door- Poetry

"The Gift at My Door" is a poem published at Peace Chronicle, Spring 2023.




There is a pregnant cat that keeps sitting on the doormat of my home.

She just sits there and waits.

What kind of faith this cat has?

She waits at the doormat,

she sits still.

Not knowing at what time, I will open the door and put some food.

She waits.

Not knowing if I am here or not.

She waits.

Not knowing if this is the right place.

She waits.

Not knowing of I am the one who might open the door and put some food or

Other neighbor who might scare her and

She has to run away with her heavy weight.

She waits.

Not knowing that last night I opened the door and couldn't find her.

I needed her to be there.

It was painful to feel the missing of her.

I worried that she might not ever come back.

The voice inside me whispers;

She will be back

She will find her way

She Knows.

This morning, the cat is sitting at the doormat of my home.

She sits still.

She waits.

She comes

She knows.

This kind of unshaken faith, I pray for.


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق